Burbuja Galactica

Believe it or not...George's not at home.


On men, relationships, growing up and ipods....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just turned 25 a couple of days ago and I´ve been doing a lot of thinking. It seems like just yesterday I was still 20, so now I´m a bit afraid that just as fast I´ll be 30...and what freaks me out is not turning 30, but turning 30 and achieving as little things as I have since I was 20!!

On top of everything I´ve been having silly arguments with Alex that have shown me, more than ever, that I really don´t know how to have an adult relationship...there´s so much I still need to learn and so many things I need to give in...I wish someone would give lessons on this, really!!

Anyway, after reading Gaby´s and Chelle´s posts about their platonic crushes from the past, I´ve decided to write a brief summary, not of my former crushes, but of the different images of "ideal men" that I´ve had through my still so short life:

....."The Early Years" (Childhood)...my ideal man was anyone who would share his toys with me, fight with other kids for taking them from me, exchange treats from his surprise candy bag at birthdays and climb up trees with me. This ideal man became real, to a certain extent, in the person of my cousins´ little neighbour in Spain, when I came to visit during the summer. I remember at the age of 5 he told me that I was the prettiest girl he´d ever meet, and we used to run around with capes pretending we were Superman and Supergirl.

....."The Pre-teen Years"...My ideal man was anyone who could have been casted for Beverly Hills 90210 (eeeewwwww!!!), I didn´t really like the show, but now that I think back to who used to be my crush at the time, I can´t help getting images of Jason Priestley. This person was my neighbour, who I barely spoke to, and seemed to love himself too much, but whom for some reason I was infatuated by.

....."The Teenage Years"...way into the peace and love-grunge-alternative stage of my life, I really just wanted someone who wouldn´t give a damn. A cool, bad boy with social conscience. I never got to date this "man", but instead hooked up (when I finally did) with a dumb, clueless, surfer wannabe.

....."The Late Teens - Early 20s"...My ideal man was an artist. Anyone who at first sight would seem intriguing and unreachable, but once you got to him discovered a sensitive, passionate person. I did date a painter, for 4 years!! But life had something else in store for me....

....."The Mid-20s"...Having grown less easy to impress, and having a more global idea of the world and my life, my ideal man´s got to be someone who has something interesting to show me, who wants to travel the world, and who wants to do it with me...for a long time. Someone who has the patience to put up with all the weird habits and ways that I´ve accumulated through this quarter of a century, and who finds it funny that I´m still an annoying brat sometimes....I HAVE FOUND THIS MAN, and I am very happy with him...so babe, please be patient with me!!

....and to finish this post being faithful to the title, I just bought myself an ipod shuffle (I´m not rich, ok!?! one day I´ll buy a real one) mainly because, like I said at the beginning, I am no expert on relationships, and I stopped reading cosmopolitan over 10 years ago, so I´m definitely not going to get any advice on how to deal with silly couple arguments, so believe me when I tell you the best remedy is......Go for a walk and take the music with you!!

..If not, we´ll always have Dr. Loona Tick.....

7 Responses to “On men, relationships, growing up and ipods....”

  1. # Blogger hello@marialuisagarcia.info

    Manita!!!!!
    You`re back! I missed you so much.
    Nobody`s an expert on relationships. I guess we`re all works in progress as they say. Each experience just brings out something about ourselves that we weren`t conscious about (though deep down we knew was there. It all depends what we decide to do about with what`s brought to us.

    My ideal man rigt now is a pair of bright eyes, with whom I connected for a brief second, while I hold open a door to a building.(See the reverse roles?!?!?!? Love the 21st century) It was electrical chemistry for a second! And like that... I just kept on with my day...eso si, everything a little bit brighter and happier.

    I heard this mornig on the radio Nessun Dorma and I think it`s something that you should get into your ishuffle (the non-pretentious ipod, in my humble opinion)for those walks you`re talking about. It`s certainly made my day brighter along with those bright eyes.  

  2. # Blogger Libélula

    Caro, I'm turning 28 in less than 4 months and I'm still clueless!!!

    I see people around me, getting married, pregnant, moving in with boyfrieds, becoming engaged and I can't help but think: "I'm not ready for that, am I"

    P.S. Ten cuidado con las f*ckin' ipods. Tuve que devolver la mía. Después de que pague tó los cuartos del mundo, se me dañó en menos de 7 meses.... :S  

  3. # Blogger Carolina

    Lulu..cuando pienso en ti abriendole la puerta a esos bright eyes, no sé porqué me viene a la cabeza la canción de Julieta Venegas "dime si tu quisieras andar conmigoooooo!"

    Ginis and Gabs....la verdad que sí que hemos tenido unos pasados sentimentales muy parecidos..me pregunto porqué...

    Libe...I guess been clueless can be fun, hay que buscarle la diversión..y la verdad es que me preocupé un poco cuando leí tu post sobre el ipod, pero bueee...deja ver cómo me va con la mini que me compré yo...  

  4. # Blogger Libélula

    Ná, me dieron una nueva cuando me fui a quejar en Apple. No wonder they're #1 in Customer Service...La mandé con mi mamá y ella ni tuvo que hablar mucho pa que le diera otro aparato!  

  5. # Blogger hello@marialuisagarcia.info

    Caro, esa canciòn de Venegas es otra que obligaò tiene que estar en el iShuffle pa esas caminatas por las aceras de Gijòn.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous
  7. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment






Siouxsie grew up in Wonderland, and now lives in the Emerald City.

My Photos



to infinity and beyond...










Creative Commons License