Burbuja Galactica

Believe it or not...George's not at home.


Le Fabuleux Destin de Caroline Garcia

What a week!!....Mom´s still here, so it´s been a non-stop week of shopping and going to places; there hasn´t been a day without something to do, we´ve been so busy..we´ve had to eat out everyday, and my mom dares to tell me: you and Alex should eat more home meals, all this restaurant food is not very healthy or balanced...hello?! mom?!? we DO eat at home everyday, you´re the one keeping us busy all week so we don´t have time to go home to eat!...on the other side, we´ve almost finished the course books at the academy, which means I have to spend more time planning my lessons ´cause I need to make review worksheets and come up with extra activities to cover the class time..so most of my little free time has been spent planning work, for which I don´t get paid, thank you for that...

A couple of days ago, while watering the plants and listening to my neighbours chit-chat I realized I live in an "Amelie"-like apartment in an "Amelie"-like building, where I´m the only neighbour under 60 (THIS is the true Spanish experience)...so I started daydreaming about the things I would do if I had the guts to do like Amelie and dedicated my life to making the lives of the people around me better....this is some of what I would do:

***I would stand outside the "super" opposite my house, dressed up like a tree (It´s called El Arbol) and wait until my next door neighbour Doña Silvina came out...Then, I would tell her that for being our millionth client, she will be awarded with a week off work...we´ll do it for her while she sunbathes in the beach eating cherries and nuts. She´s the cleaner in our building, and this woman is always working!..The prize would also include a complete washing-up of her dog, who always stinks since she´s got no time to wash him.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Doña Silvina´s window

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My window

***Doing Doña Silvina´s work will give me the time and possibility to go into my downstairs neighbour´s flat and sound-proof it (still have to figure out how to do this), so she doesn´t complain any more about all the noises she keeps hearing that keep her awake at night. While I´m at it I might put on some relaxing music and light some incense...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our "patio de luces" and downstairs neighbour´s window

***Then, I would go into my upstairs neighbour´s flat and re-organize her furniture in a way she doesn´t have to move anything ever again (This, I think would take more than one go)...It will benefit not only her, a ninety year old woman who spends her days moving furniture I-have-no-idea- how-she-can-move around, but also me, who can hear her from my place at unthinkable times...Regarding this neighbour, I would also look for a way to distract her while she´s downstairs reading the publicity brochures, and carry all her shopping upstairs (this woman, who can barely walk, carries her shopping bags to the fourth floor, and never accepts any help!! It usually takes her some 30 minutes to get to her flat from the bottom of the stairs)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Upstairs neighbour´s window

***Finally, I would buy myself a window-cleaning-company-like uniform, and go to the building opposite mine, to the “pervert´s” flat, and tell him I´m doing a general cleaning of all the windows in the building. But what I´m really gonna do is cover his windows up with one of those plastics that let you look out, but people outside can´t look in...that way when he starts wanking in front of his window, it doesn´t offend us ladies in the opposite building, and he still gets his pleasure ´cause he thinks he IS being watched.

....I´ve still got some other ideas, and there are more neighbours and people from my daily life I´d love to tell you about, but I don´t want you to think I´m a loser with too much free time...I really am a busy person, I do have a life, I swear!!!

7 Responses to “Le Fabuleux Destin de Caroline Garcia”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Si no tienes problema enviame la primera foto para algo personal.

    Saludos.

    lenamas@hotmail.com  

  2. # Blogger hello@marialuisagarcia.info

    you should also angle for an elevator..so your sis won`t have to reach the top of the stairs with her tongue out....by the way I`ve watched it twice since coming back to same old, same old....xoxox  

  3. # Blogger Carolina

    The elevator has passed my mind so many time, but it would de featured in the "rich" Amelie version  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Looking for information and found it at this great site...
    bentley model Chrysler colors Slot machines las vegas nevada  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous
  6. # Anonymous Anonymous
  7. # Anonymous Anonymous
Post a Comment






Siouxsie grew up in Wonderland, and now lives in the Emerald City.

My Photos



to infinity and beyond...










Creative Commons License